Category Archives: Uncategorized
PR Professionals generally have some day-to-day tasks that are the same. The great ones can multitask through a million different projects, press releases, presentations, while still monitoring clients social media platforms throughout the day. Here is a list of 15 ways you can tell if you are a typical PR professional:
15 SURE-FIRE SIGNS THAT YOU WORK IN PR:
- Your day starts and ends with a cup of coffee.
- You can power walk in 5 inch heels with your laptop bag and checking your BlackBerry.
- You are so used to putting the client first that you forget to eat lunch on a regular basis.
- You can toggle between a PowerPoint presentation, a press release, Twitter strategy and PSA outlines – all in an hour.
- You proudly put “PR pro” in your Twitter bio, knowing it’s the one place you don’t have to explain your job.
- You’re probably the only one in your friend’s circle that actually knows what the word ‘embargo’ means.
- You know the first and last names (and potentially emails…and voicemail greetings) of reporters from the top 50 publications in your field because you pitch them so often.
- You craft a communications plan when you find out you’re pregnant/engaged to be married, etc.
- Your phone is within arms reach, on the nightstand, every night, just in case. And chances are it’s checked at least once in the middle of the night.
- You can easily go from a high-powered presentation with the CEO to being onsite at an event hanging banners and not think twice about it.
- You have a change of clothes in your office, just in case.
- You are sworn to secrecy on just about everything under fear of the corporate version of Guantanamo.
- It takes you 2 hours to walk from one end of a tradeshow floor to the other, because you have to stop every 5 paces to say ‘Hi’ to yet another journalist/analyst/consultant who’s just caught your eye.
- You can’t remember your best friend’s phone number, but you can reel-off ad rates for the top 5 magazines/websites in your industry.
- You enter arguments with your spouse/friends/family only with clearly defined (and tested!) key messages.
Note: This list was not created by me and was derived from http://traccs.wordpress.com/2011/05/01/you-know-youre-a-pr-professional-when/.